Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Personal Update

Many or most of you know that I had the second cataract surgery this past week. It truly has been miraculous in terms of the clarity of my vision.  Those who had the surgery have told me that it would amaze me Indeed it has done so.  I can see the leaves on trees with such detail. I see the makeup of a sidewalk like never before.  I've been wearing glasses for 50 years and now I am free of them.  I pray that the vision lasts this good for a long time.  I am grateful beyond measure and it's fun to be able to wear regular sunglasses.

There is a comparison with our spiritual eyes.  A good friend has told me often that others will have the faith for me until I can see through my own spiritual eyes.  The past weeks my spiritual vision has improved some as I see Jesus Christ for who He really i as revealed in His Word.  I struggle to overcome my own invention of a God that is based on my feelings and experiences.  It is imperative to worship the Lord found in His Word.  I look forward to the clarity of vision that I pray comes in time as I immerse myself in His Word, allow His Spirit to fill my life and surround myself with His people.

No comments: