Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Iron Sharpens Iron

This morning I got to my church at 7:30am to help set up for a women's fellowship. The parking lot already was busy.  It confused me for a second and I thought maybe it was later, much later, than I expected it to be.  When I got into the fellowship hall it was such a blessing to see 20 or so men joined together for prayer and Bible Study.  These guys got up early on a Saturday morning--the one day they could sleep in--to come and learn how to be better leaders for their families.   Warmed my heart immensely to be made aware of it.

Biblical accountability is so important.  These men call it iron sharpens iron from Proverbs 27: 17.  However it is referenced it is so vital to have people in our lives that can call us out on our sin and encourage us when we are pleasing to the Lord in our actions and attitudes.  The body of Christ desperately need one another especially in these difficult last days!

No comments: