Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Down Day for Sister Francis

Today Sister Francis and I stopped by her house that she and Sister Maggie had rented for 30 years. It is owned by the Community of Sisters of Charity in San Antonio.  Most of the expensive important stuff had already been moved to the assisted living facility.  However, someone broke into the home and ransacked it. They stole a computer, some printers, brand new sleeping bags and rifled through some personal papers that may have enough information for identity theft.  She spent about 8 hours waiting for the police and insurance people to make their reports. It was a long day for her.  She had already been stolen from on a number of occasions by someone close to her.  Sin is selfish at its root.  All the inconvenience she went through just because some thugs thought it okay to steal someone else's stuff.

I've been convicted of the selfishness of sin in my own life.  At its core sin says I matter and no one else--including God--doesn't.  I've seen it in my own life but today was a painful reminder of how vile sin is to God and to others. Lest I come across as too judgmental I am fully aware of my the depth of my depravity. I recognize that but for the grace of God there go I.  I have to say I long for the day when sin is no more.  The day when Christ is ruling from His throne and the redeemed are singing His praises.  Those who have not accepted His sacrifice on the Cross for them will be outside of heaven.  Believers have been delivered from the penalty and power of sin and we await the day when the presence of sin will be forever banished.  Marantha Lord Jesus. Please pray for Sister Frances...she needs it right now.

No comments: