Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Friday, March 29, 2013

Christian Job Description

I am memorizing Romans 12: 9-13. I think it is a good example of a Christian "job description." I figured that out when I started to look at the verbs and gerunds in the passage.  If you are needing help (like apparently I did) to discover what it is believers are to do--looky here:
  • Let love be without hypocrisy
  • Abhor what is evil
  • Cling to what is good
  • Be devoted to one another in brotherly love
  • Give preference to one another in honor
  • Don't lag behind in diligence
  • Be fervent in spirit
  • Serve the Lord
  • Rejoice in hope
  • Persevere in tribulation
  • Be devoted to prayer
  • Contribute to the needs of the saints
  • Practice hospitality
I think that makes short work of it.  Don't think the job is for rookies. It takes time to mature in the faith and for the grace of God to grow in our lives.  Yet we are responsible too.  We must know what to do and then ask the Lord to give us the strength, wisdom and power to obey Him.  This will keep you busy for awhile I presume.  I know it will me.  As you were....

No comments: