Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

An Encouraging Word

In the last couple of weeks I've gotten phone calls and notes from people I haven't heard from in a year or two.  I was on their minds so they called or wrote.  I can't tell you what an encouragement it is to hear from them.  The song says "Where seldom is heard a discouraging word..." That should be for believers too.  Scripture calls us to encourage one another. Hebrews 10: 24-25: " and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, 25 not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near."  With every day that passes the day of Christ's return is nearer.  Let us not fail to reach out to one another and stimulate them to good deeds.

No comments: