Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Personal Update

There are times when I just have to ask the body of believers to pray for me.  I don't want to go into specifics but please pray that I take my thoughts captive to the promises and character of God.  He is our only hope.  I have had such an in depth background in secular psychology and there are some deeply rooted ares of sinful thoughts that I need to destroy in the sense of II Corinthians 10: 4 to 5. "For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. 5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,"


I've not always applied the Word of God in my life as I should have done. I've allowed other thoughts to become almost knee jerk in their reflexive nature.  It's hard to love the Lord God with all my mind because of the years of not doing so.  Yet with practice, perseverance and the prayers of the saints I can overcome. The first two things are obviously my responsibility.  The last one is yours...I am grateful I can post a plea and people will intercede.  I don't know where I'd be or what I'd do without the body of Christ.

No comments: