Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Tip of the Blue Flame

I was talking to a friend earlier today who is undergoing some deep challenges.  She said that she recently told her husband they were in the blue tip of the flame. I asked her to explain that. She said that the blue tip of a flame is the very hottest part.  When God puts us in the refiners fire He sometimes sets us right on the tip of the blue flame. I have to admit I kind of feel in the same spot.  I can't remember a time as a believer in Jesus Christ that my personal sanctification has so hard and my circumstances so trying.  Jesus says He is returning for a holy and blameless church. And yes, it's been 2000 years since His First Advent.  But may be we are close to His Second. He is refining His bride to be ready to meet their Groom.  I could be wrong but it is a thought.

Regardless of when He comes back, God's goal for us all is to reflect His Son.  He'll do whatever it takes to ensure that happens.  Sometimes it means to turn up the heat in our lives so He can shave off the dross.  It's not a fun process ever but it is a worthy one.  I've been plenty discouraged this past few months. But God has been faithful to raise up His people to come alongside and encourage me through them to pursue the high call of Jesus Christ. I am much better than I was four months ago and I have to keep that perspective in the forefront of my mind.  If not, I fall easily into despair. Regardless of the reason the tip of the blue flame won't last forever but the results of it will. For that I am grateful.

No comments: