Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Friday, December 28, 2012

The Importance of Fellowship

.I have been continually impressed  by the importance of the "one another" commands in Scripture.  This has been a very difficult year for me and I truly don't know where I'd be without the Body of Christ.  For about 5 weeks I was in facility with some other ladies who literally didn't know where they would live once they were released from the program. I had the blessing of coming back to my apartment where I've been surrounded by a caring, supportive and large group of believers.  These are people who have reached out with the hand of fellowship and carried me along.

 I remember a retreat a few years back when the speaker said that if one woman in our local church failed, we all failed. It seemed a bit harsh at the the time but I believe I better understand what she meant now.  There is a mystical bond among true believers and when the body is functioning as it should and everyone is obeying the Lord, the church is edified, fellow believers grow in grace and God gets the glory. The unbelieving world watches and sees that there is a very personal, real and powerful Lord who is the head of His body and all the parts are joined together uner Him. 

No comments: