Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Great Faithfulness

"This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. The Lord's lovingkindness indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning, great is Thy faithfulness." Lamentations 3: 21-23.

I was meditating on this verse today.  How grateful I am that His mercies ARE new every morning; His compassions NEVER FAIL; GREAT is His faithfulness.  Night time is a very hard time for me.  But this verse gave me hope that in the new day He will meet me there.  He will get me though the entire day as I turn to Him in reliance and dependence.

What a blessing it was to spend last night with my sister Kristy for her birthday.  My other sister Kae and my Mom Helen joined us.  We ate at Red Lobster (nice pick Kristy!) and had a wonderful time fellowshipping together.  It's been over five years since that has happened.  God was good to convict me of my pride and need to reconcile.

I'm also blessed by my part time (?) job with Sister Frances.  She is a pistol.  She finds more places to go and do! I'm always nonplussed.  Yesterday we were out at a car dealership in Weatherford to have her car's brakes checked. They were fine but the car needed two new tires. We spent most of the two hour wait talking to the oldest car salesman on the floor. He and sister go way back like 30 years. I enjoyed the time listening to them reminisce. Sister knows an awful lot of people.  I figure when baseball season starts it could get really interesting. I understand she beats the drum for the Rangers. Some of whom are coming to visit the assisted living sometime in March. 

I'm blessed that Helen is making some decisions about my Dad's care and was helped immensely tonight through a conversation with a friend of mine who has been through a lot with her Mother who recently passed away.  I could see visible relief on Helen's face as she talked. God does use the things we have gone through to help others.  I think Helen has more peace about her decision with my Father.  I'm glad.  God is good.  It's time for me to spend some quiet time thanking and praising Him.  I hope you can do the same.

No comments: