Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Transitions

It's been a busy week of change. Monday I had eye surgery. Wednesday I put my beloved Spirit to sleep.  Thursday I got a part time job driving a nun to do her errands.  Tonight we had a meeting at church regarding the proposed church plant in Mansfield in about 18 months. This week two of my aunts passed onto glory.  I realize that my Dad and two step parents aren't getting any younger. .My Dad is in a home for Alzheimer patients and at times isn't communicative.  He used to be a talker but now his words are few. Change, change and more change.  I don't like it.  Often the change is beneficial and necessary but it doesn't make it easy

Transition is inevitable as long as we live here on earth. People come and go. Pets come and go.  Jobs change and so do neighborhoods.  Lifetime friends are rare.  Much more common is a series of friendships strung over a lifetime.  Gratefully there is One who does not change.  He is God.  He is forever the same.  James 1: 17 states: "Every good thing bestowed and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow..."  What comfort are the words "no variation or shifting shadow".  I know God is in every change and every season of life. Ecclesiastes tells us that there is a time for everything under the sun.  Gratefully there is a timeless Son who controls it all.

No comments: