Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Lord is My Banner

Song of Solomon 2:4 states: "He has brought me to His banquet hall and His banner over me is love."  Valentines Day is sometime soon.  I think it's next Thursday. I'm a life long single so I don't keep track of such things.  This name of God is Jehovah Nissi. Moses called the Lord this after God gave the Israelites a successful battle against the Amalekites.  This name of God reflects His gracious help through providence in the affairs of men.  Christians will fail to have victory in their lives when Jehovah Nissi is absent.  Sometimes we want God to bless our plans.  God the Banner goes in front and we are to follow behind Him.  He is to take the lead not us.

God is the source of our overcoming!  Psalm 60: 4-5 states: "You have given a banner to those who fear You, that it may be displayed because of the truth.  that Your beloved may be delivered, save with Your right hand and answer us!"  The fact that we have Jehovah Nissi in our lives means that we are overcomers.  John 16: 33 promises: "These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you have much tribulation, but take courage, I have overcome the world."  Stand back and get under the banner of His love.  March in step with Him and your victory is assured.

No comments: