- Imitate God and walk as His children.
- Walk in sacrificial love.
- Avoid all immorality, impurity and evil talk.
- Give thanks in all things.
- Don't be deceived.
- Walk in the Light.
- Learn what pleases the Lord.
- Expose unfruitful deeds of darkness.
- Walk wisely and not unwisely.
- Make the most of you time in these evil days.
- Be filled with the Holy Spirit.
- Make melody with your heart to the Lord.
- Don't be foolish and understand God's will.
- Be subject to one another in Christ.
- Wives be subject to and respect your husbands.
- Husbands love your wives as Christ loved the Church.
- Be holy and blameless by the washing of the Word of God.
Thursday, February 7, 2013
Recipe for a Godly Marriage
I wrote this a few years ago when a close young friend of mine married. It's based on Ephesians 5: 1-33. Here are the ingredients: