Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Oh Death Where Is Thy Sting?

I admit there is an ache in my heart since my dog died.  When I walk into the apartment I see her crate, her food bowl, and her bed. There are countless reminders of her existence. Death separates us from those we love.  I hate that.  How grateful I am that Jesus Christ overcame death.  As I watched Spirit decline so quickly in the past ten days or so I saw first hand how frail is the flesh--animal and human alike.  Death is the great equalizer for we all must die unless the Lord returns in the air for us. 

There is a loneliness that heightens after a death and for a few weeks, months and even years there is an ache longing to be fulfilled. God never intended us to be separated from Him.  That is why the Gospel is so wonderful.  It preaches to us that death is not victorious and it doesn't win.  God has sent Christ that through Him we can be reconciled to a holy God.  Our sin can be forgiven through the blood of Jesus and we can once again now we belong to Someone.  One day Christ will return and set up His Kingdom and there will be an eternal oneness.  Finally, when we see Him face to face we the ache we feel on earth will be forever banished.

No comments: