Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Monday, April 1, 2013

I Just Wanted to be With You

I had lunch today with an old friend from BSF. She was one of my discussion leaders and we have always had an affinity for each other. It may have to do with the fact that we both are devout "Bueno Heads."  I haven't seen her in a long time and today we got together. It was a sweet visit.  Much had changed in two years. She has two and a half grandchildren now. I've gone through some things that have radically changed my life in the past year.  As we were parting she hugged me, backed away, looked over her shoulder and said "I just wanted to be with you."  It was a tender sentiment.

As I walked to my car I thought about my relationship to the Lord. Do "I just want to be with Him?"  Gratefully I do more and more.  But there was a time when I was very busy doing my own thing and prayer was just a matter of trying to get His stamp of approval on my plans.  That's changing praise His name.  I have had more consistent times of worship and intercession. I read His Word more systematically now. I look for ways He wants me to change my life. Things I should have done all along.  I am thankful I can now tell Him "I just wanted to be with You."

No comments: