Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Friday, April 12, 2013

A Murderer From the Beginning

A friend and I were talking today over a glass of tea.  She is from another country and talked of returning to it. One thing she said was alarming. It was the level of violence existent there.  Criminals would not longer just steal your purse. They also would assault you.  She was very concerned about the issue. I watched the TV news for the first time in months tonight.  It is alarming here.  My thoughts turned back to John 8 where Jesus calls Satan the Father of lies. He is that for sure. The Lord also said he was a murderer from the beginning.  Satan came into the Garden of Eden and deceived Adam and Eve.  Then their son Cain killed Abel.  Four people and there was one murder.

I can't help but think we are close to the Return of Jesus Christ. Frankly I long for Him. I am very world weary. I know some may read this post and think I'm off my rocker. I guess I'm old enough to have one.  I wish revival would hit.  I'd love for hundreds of thousands world wide to repent and Christ come for us in the clouds.  He will come at just the right time. Until then we need to be about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  The murderer from the beginning is wreaking havoc. Christ will have the ultimate victory. That I can state securely on and not off my rocker.

No comments: