Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Changes

Tonight in Bible Study we talked about changes in our lives.  There are times we dread change and times we welcome it.  During this past year there have been many changes for me and some of them very dramatic.  I've done things I've never done before and been places I'd never been.  God saw me through them all.  Two people in my to whom I very close talk about taking God's hand when they get afraid. He is that personal to them. I've tried it. It does help me focus on the living God. Change is usually very difficult for me and even more so as I age. 

God tells us often not to fear in the Bible. Unfortunately it is a sin with which I am well familiar.  God is sovereign and good. He has all things in His hands.  When we face the unknown we face it with a loving God orchestrating every event.  There are hard times to be sure.  When change comes, we must cry out to God and He promises us to answer. It may not be the expected or even desired answer but God will respond. We also need to throw ourselves on His mercy and embrace His grace. God is a Father to all who call on the name of Jesus Christ. He cares, provides and guides. We also need to stand on all the applicable promises in the Word of God.  Gratefully He hasn't left us alone to figure things out. He is working to bring all things together for our good. We need to go where God sends once we know what He requires of us.  He is with us and for us. Nothing can separate us from His love. Change will come as long as we live here. But we don't need to fear. We can be still and know that He is God.


No comments: