Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Friday, April 5, 2013

As A Man Thinks


roverbs 3: 27 states "As a man thinks, so is he."  What a short statement packed with volumes of wisdom.  Thinking is so very important. Christians need to embrace what the Word of God says over what our feelings and experiences tell us.  The mind is such a powerful tool in the hands of the Holy Spirit. It truly is life changing.  I remember my old life and I wouldn't take it back for anything.  I've had some struggles as a believer some immense battles just recently.  As I renew my mind with the world and reject earthly and demonic wisdom, I am greater peace with smatterings of joy.

I am remember a Times magazine article called "God is Dead."  it was put out years ago.  Whoever wrote the article didn't do a very good job researching.  God isn't dead but very much alive. So is the Bible Hebrews 4:12 states: "For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart."  It's been a hard year for me.  As I return to the Lord and not so much a god of my own making, things are getting better. It was and is a hard lesson for me to learn. I am so very thankful that the Holy Spirit can use His Word to change the lives of people and some in very dramatic ways. As a we think so are we. 

No comments: