Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sweet Time With Baby S

I had the opportunity to visit with the daughter and son in law of one of my best friends. Their son was born last week. I walked in and looked at the sweet bundle in his grandmother's arms. The first thing noticeable about him was his hairy head. It didn't take very long to figure out his gentle disposition and quiet nature.  The grandmother let me sit in the rocking chair and hold him. I nestled him against the front of my shoulder. I looked down and fell in love. What a perfect little child! He had long fingers and toes. His little body was perfectly formed and he slept soundly leaning up against my chest.  He did so for twenty minutes.

I never had children of my own.  It is always such a joyous thing to celebrate births and to be a small part of others' happiness. One wonders about what Baby S might be when he grows up. Who will he look like? It always overwhelms me to think about human physiology and how God forms each infant in his mother's womb.  Baby S was no exception.  Those twenty minutes were a delight.  God is so good. It is easy to lose sight of such things in a world gone mad. I am grateful to Him for giving me the chance to share a piece of the joy.  By the way his Mom looked radiant and his Dad had a calm sense of gratitude.  What a blessing.

No comments: