Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Babies

There have been three births this past week of close friends.  It is such a wonder to me how atheists are forced to explain the miracle of birth. All the intricacy and detail of the infant somehow just occurs I guess as a random event because of evolution.  It is amazing to note the human body systems and how they function in sync. The heart and lungs, the liver and intestines, the glands, the brain, spinal column and nervous system all working together for life.  To think that there isn't a Creator behind it all is just plain nuts if you ask me.  (Not that anybody is asking-ahem).

Psalm 139: 13-16:
For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will give thanks to You,
for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
16 Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.

I used to be an evolutionist but since coming to the Lord I align myself with what the Scripture says is true about our origin.  It is far more comforting and frankly sensible to be formed by a Creator God. Random chance leaves me despairing and distressed. These young lives were formed by God and He has a purpose and a plan for each one. Congratulations to the parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, siblings and everyone else who will have a part in raising up the children in the fear and admonition of the Lord.

No comments: