Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Jehovah Azar

I have studied the names of God some in the thirty five years I have been a believer. A few nights ago I was listening to Nancy Leigh DeMoss who talked about God as the one who helps. The name is Jehovah Ezer. It is also spelled Jehovah Azar. The Lord is my helper. He is the One to whom I can turn for solace and aid. It is from Psalm 30:10 which reads: “Hear, O Lord, and be gracious to me; O Lord, be my helper.”

How comforting to know that God is a very present help in times of trouble. He loves those who call on His name. He is a strong tower and all who know Him run to Him and are safe. He doesn't leave or forsake us but is out great aid.  The Holy Spirit is the paraclete and comes alongside of us.  The Father watches over us and tends us as His own children.  God had delivered David from much peril when he wrote this Psalm. He thanks God for His freedom and he encouraged others to be equally grateful.  God is a God of refuge and help. He is the One we can turn to at any time and praise Him for His faithfulness to us as a heavenly Father protecting and guiding His child.

No comments: