Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Finding the Will of God

This is a deep and complex subject.  One that I am not qualified nor inclined to teach.  I'll let my pastors and Sunday School teachers figure that out.  I want to post some verses pertaining to God's guidance.
  • James 1:5: "But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and ]without reproach, and it will be given to him."
  • Psalm 32:8: "I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go;I will counsel you with My eye upon you."
  • Proverbs 6: 22, 23: "When you walk about, they will guide you; When you sleep, they will watch over you;
    And when you awake, they will talk to you.For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching is light, And reproofs for discipline are the way of life
    ."
  • Proverbs 3: 5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight."
  • Psalm 37:23: "The steps of a man are established by the Lord,And He delights in his way."
  • Psalm 48:14: "For such is God, Our God forever and ever; He will guide us until death."
  • Isaiah 30:21: "Your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right or to the left."
  • Isaiah 48:17: "Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel,
    “I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, Who leads you in the way you should go."
  • Isaiah 58:11: “And the Lord will continually guide you, And satisfy your desire in scorched places, And give strength to your bones; And you will be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail."
     
    I think sometimes we don't take time to fellowship with the Lord about our decisions and His will for our lives. Other times we pray only and fail to do what He commands us in terms of taking action. It is a balance that can be hard to achieve.  I have been more guilty of doing things in my own flesh and know that approach isn't very productive. I don't want to fall off the other side of the balance beam where I "let go and let God."  There are certain things we must do in terms of His guiding us.  As for me, right now, I've been searching the Internet for jobs for two hours. I think I will spend some time in prayer using these verses as a guide.
     
     
     

No comments: