Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Grateful for Hymns

As I write I'm listening to a CD of great hymns of the Christian faith. Currently "How Great Thou Art" is playing. Have you ever noticed how powerful music is in our lives?  It really does matter with what we fill our heads and hearts. I listen to hymns almost all the time I'm awake currently. I need the encouragement and it's a good way to help ensure my mind is focused in the right direction.  There is wonderfully edifying music that is more contemporary but the hymns that have survived scores of years are very valuable.  The theology is often rich and profound and a means of God's grace in our lives to draw us closer to Him.