Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Gentle and Humble in Heart

The past few months have been very difficult ones for me.  Perhaps I'll write more about that in time. For now let it suffice that the Lord's promise in Matthew 11: 28-30 is very precious to me. It reads: "Come to Me all you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me for I am humble and gentle in spirit.  And you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."  Unfortunately this Jesus was not the "Jesus" of my childhood, adolescence or early adulthood.  I struggle to take every thought captive to the obedience of Jesus Christ and trust what God's Word says and not my prior experiences, feelings, or own thoughts. Please pray for me as I endeavor to break down some deeply strong holds my flesh and the enemy has in my life.  God has been faithful, so very faithful these past few months.  When I am faithless, He is still faithful.  For that I am very thankful.

No comments: