Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Power and Privilege of Prayer

In the past months I've realized the power of intercessory prayer.  As one who is extremely grateful for the prayers of the saints on my behalf I encourage us to be mindful of praying for others. The Lord commands us to pray for one another. James 5:16: "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." 1 Thess. 5:17 : "Pray without ceasing"  1Tim 2:1: "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;"  Prayer for other saints and nonbelievers is indeed h a privilege. Prevailing prayer is hard work. Vance Havner stated that prayer is the hardest work of all. I appreciate all those who have toiled on my behalf.  









No comments: