Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

God Keeps His Promises

I'm learning to cross stitch and one of the pieces has the phrase "God keeps His promises" stitched into it.  I've pondered that as I've worked. God who cannot lie must keep His promises. If He fails to do so, He is no longer God.  This can be both a comfort and a terror depending upon what God has vowed to accomplish.  The stitch work is of Noah and His ark.  I think that even though it is meant for the beginner, I may have to pass it by.  I intended to give it to a friend whose daughter is named Norah. I wanted to tell her it is Norah's Ark.  In fact I may just complete the ark part of the piece and name it just that. 

Back to the promises of God.  He is faithful. He cannot lie. He remains true to all that He promises. His Word is sure.  What He purposes He will do.  Such assurance should bring us a settled peace and a deep joy. If not, we need to trust Him more.  I ask that you pray I do just that.  Now back to Norah's Ark.

1 comment:

The Numismatist said...

Wendy, it is so nice to see you blogging again! Love you!